Your pool maintenance efforts determine how your guests will enjoy your pool party experience. A poorly maintained pool, obviously, will leave a forgettable experience. No one will ever want to dive right into a pool plagued with algae, debris, and bad pH levels.
One basic element of pool maintenance is having a good filter. This separates out algae and rubbish from the pool water, and help in maintaining optimal pH, alkaline, and calcium hardness levels.
However, even the best filter can’t do everything. There are still debris and extra dirt that will be left behind. When those small volumes accumulate, that’s when it becomes harder to clean. This is where the Robot to Clean Your Pool comes in.
The Importance of Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaners
Manually cleaning your pool consumes a lot of time and physical energy. It’s important to devote some money to purchase an automatic in-ground or above-ground pool cleaner to speed up your process.
Automatic pool cleaners are vacuum-like machines that draw in anything that lies on the bottom and sides of the pool.
The three types of automatic pool cleaners are: pressure-side, suction-side, and robotic.
For this review, we’ll delve on robotic pool vacuum cleaners. As opposed to suction and pressure cleaners, robotic cleaners have its own filtration system rather than relying on the pool’s pump and filter.
Because of its independence, these are quicker and more effective in cleaning out your pool. For utmost convenience, you can opt to buy one that is remote-operated. If what you have is a large pool with areas that are difficult to reach or clean, investing in robotic pools cleaners can be worth the investment.
At 14 lbs., this robotic cleaner comes in a blue and gray color combo. Unlike other similar cleaners having debris bags for collection, this one boasts a built-in cartridge that claims to collect 60% more waste.
Escape Robotic does well in both in-ground and above-ground pools, with a ‘Hypergrip Continuous Tracks’ feature. Such feature makes sure that its wheels act as cleansers themselves too.
For stubborn stains and agents, it can switch to Hyperbrush Dual Scrubbing Brushes mode for that needed pressure.
All of these advantages are packed in a 22.2 x 17.7 x 12.5 inches machine. Its only drawback is that it’s heftier than other cleaners and may come as pricier.
Are you looking for a top-of-the-line above ground pool cleaner? You just stared at it.
Weighing 26 pounds with a 21 x 18 x 19 inches dimension, this product is manufactured by one of the more reputable brands in pool technologies, Aqua Products.
One great thing about it is that the Pool Rover Jr. package comes with a 40-feet floating cable. You also only need 24-volts to power this thing up! The result? With a button touch, you can enjoy watching it suck or repel pesky contaminants!
Its extensive yet non-marring wheels allow it be applicable on almost any surface type. Its E-Z swivel device prevents any form of knotting in the cable.
The best thing about it?
It can vacuum all dirt and agents in less than an hour (without the need for a hose).
- Eye-popping suction of more than 70 gallons a minute
- Friendly on all surfaces including vinyl liners
- Plug and play
- If any, it’s the noise produced when in cleaning mode (which is tolerable).
Own a pool that’s 50 feet in length? That could be tiresome, but with Dolphin Nautilus PLUS’ CleverClean Technology, that can be done in a short span of time. It automatically cleans the walls, floor, and waterlines of your lengthy pool with ease!
Hate having trouble in accessing the cleaner’s filter? Worry no more. Nautilus PLUS possess an ‘extra-large top access filter’ which combats that problem.
But what really stands out with this cleaner is its full pool scanning technology. It surveys your pool’s size, edges, dimensions, and shape first to know the most efficient course to clean it, and make sure no area remains filthy.
- Extra-large filter capacity
- 3-point turning radius
- Rapid water release
- Possesses a weekly timer
- Equipped with all-surface PVC bristles and climbing rings
- The glaring price compared to other competing brands
Visually appealing, this 4WD robotic cleaner possesses ActivMotion Sensor Technology that tracks even the very large and complicated structure pools.
Its Proprietary Vortex Vacuum Technology enables it to draw in larger rubbishes without compromising suction power. This product doesn’t use messy bags too. Instead, a huge filter canister is positioned at the top of the cleaner.
Meanwhile, it boasts oscillating brushes that can wipe away even the most obstinate agents.
Worried if it can reach tight studs and stairs? Its compelling water repulsion system guarantees you that.
- Can be operated with programmable timer and predetermined cleaning patterns
- ActivMotion Sensor Technology allows optimal navigation
- Oscillating bristles ensure nothing but clean results.
- Again, with added functionality and compelling aesthetics comes a steep price of over a thousand dollars.
Now this is a pool cleaner that doesn’t just protect your pool from dirt build up, but also from paying too much. It lets you save up to 87% of energy use, thanks to its latest progression of commercial grade DC motors.
SmartNav Pool Surface Scanning prevents it from strolling aimlessly like other cleaners. It computes the most efficient route to take so as not to waste time and energy.
This is also labeled as “One Robot, Four Media Types.” It can switch media depending on the cleaning need. For instance, you can switch to oversized debris bag when it’s fall, or go micro-filter when it’s time to get rid of diminutive algae and agents.
This cleaner also vacuums the pool right after scrubbing it with its deep-reaching dual scrubbing brushes so you don’t have to.
- SmartNav Pool Surface Scanning for intelligent cleaning routes
- 3,000 RPM, ultra-efficient DC motors for energy savings
- 360 degree anti-tangle swivel for utmost convenience
- Lofty price
Yet another excellent product manufactured by Maytronics
This time, if you desire a robotic pool vacuum cleaner that has the highest filter capacity and superior wall climbing, Dolphin Quantum cuts it for you.
With an enormous 400 square inch cartridge filter placed on its top (highest ever), you can enjoy less trips to the trash bin. Meanwhile, its trails are no ordinary, with Hypergrip Continuous Rubber Tracks ensuring that it can cling to any pool wall.
Dolphin Quantum understands that very small algae and debris can be headaches. That’s the reason it possesses Variable Micron Filtration, to suck in everything no matter how small they are.
Like other cleaners from Maytronics, this is equipped with SmartNav 2.0 Efficient Robotic Navigation for optimal navigation. Finally, this 27.2 pound, 22.2 x 18.1 x 12.8 inches machine has a patented Power Jet 3D Vectored Thrust to make it impressively agile!
- Reduces energy consumption up to 87%
- Variable Micron Filtration sucks in almost everything
- Has the largest cartridge filter size ever for a pool cleaning robot
- Surprisingly, this has no anti-tangling swivel that can cause some slight inconvenience.
Previous Dolphin models are known for being heavy. But Dolphin Triton with PowerStream is 50% lighter, only weighing 16 pounds!
Improved features include active brushing and weekly timer, with 1 of the 2 large brushes being active. It spins at double the speed to scrub and clean hard areas like walls, floors, and tile lines.
But the best thing about it is its Power Stream Technology which gives it the continuous grip needed to clean vertical walls and tiles. For the Bluetooth feature, it has a remote that can be operated through a smart phone. You can alter and upload cleaning patterns and routes as you please.
- Lightweight compared to previous Dolphin cleaner models
- Power Stream Technology
- 1 active brush that cleans at double the speed
- Some users have reported its ineffectiveness in cleaning tight pool corners
In just two and a half hours, Kreepy Krauly promises to turn your filthy pool into a spotless one. Its newly redesigned system (advanced design vacuums, scrubs, and filters) vows to provide optimal cleaning and power.
Prowler 830 comes with a wireless remote that permits you to schedule cleanings even if you are not around. What’s even better is its auto-reverse feature that allows it to recover from hang-ups in tight corners and pool spots. This prevents time lost due to cleaning interruption.
In terms of filtration, it has a cartridge that takes minimal effort to clean. It even has a gauge so you’ll know if you have to visit the trash bin soon.
- Wireless remote allows easy control and cleaning scheduling
- Improved scrub, filter, and vacuum designs allow it to clean faster
- Full cartridge indicator maximizes your trash bin visits
- Coming at 46.5 pounds, it’s one of the heaviest pool cleaner models in the market.
- Some users have reported that chiseled particles come out of it upon operation.
Hayward claims that their SharkVac pool cleaner, because of its smart steering technology, can finish a cleaning cycle in just 2 hours. That’s pretty faster than the industry average.
Because it runs a separate filtration system from your pool, it reduces wear-and-tear on your pool’s filtering system. It also permits swift removal of debris and collected dirt because of its top-access cartridge filter.
- Users have freedom of choice whether to buy it in standard or extra-large size, with or without a caddy.
- For a pool cleaner of its capabilities, it is relatively cheaper than other brands
- It utilizes microprocessors so as to not act based on tendency, but on intelligent calculation of cleaning routes
- Unfortunately, SharkVac doesn’t have the capacity to climb pool walls which may require you to carry it on several instances when it reaches a corner.
Have a pool that measures 20’ x 40’? Tiger Shark is perfect for that size.
It promises to clean your extensive pool in just 3 hours, covering walls, coves, waterlines, and full floors.
There are times when you can’t afford a long standard clean, particularly when surprise guests arrive. Tiger Shark understands this that’s why it doesn’t just offer Standard Clean option, but also Quick Clean Technology and Standard with Remote. Just choose from the three switch options depending on your situation.
Operated with a 24-v motor, it consumes less energy. The patented filter cartridge system it is equipped with makes removal of waste much easier.
- Three options (Standard Clean, Quick Clean, Standard with Remote) give the pool owner cleaning flexibility.
- Cleans impressively fast (3 hours for an intensive cleanup of a 20’ x 40’ pool)
- At 40 pounds, it’s quite heavy to carry and store
The abovementioned robotic pool vacuum cleaners have its distinctive strong points and drawbacks. What’s important is that you don’t depend on price and brand alone, but on real customer testimonials too. Choose intelligently.